Italian Festivals typically run for three to four days around a summer weekend and in addition to promoting the Italian culture and family unity, they raise money to support many worthwhile charitable causes.
Italian festivals or feasts are usually organized by either a Catholic church with a large Catholic following or an Italian community service organization with an interest in promoting their culture and providing knowledge and stories for future generations to benefit from.
At this time, and until further notice, COVID-19 executive orders in effect apply to large public gatherings such as concerts, festivals, fireworks, beach activities, and inside restaurant dining and bars, resulting in either closures or restrictions in operation.
Starting May 22nd, some outdoor recreational areas and businesses can restart their operations. These include batting cages, golf ranges, shooting and archery ranges, horseback riding, and private tennis clubs.
With near term, (prior to June 30) cancellations occurring at a rapid rate, and despite trying to remove them as soon as we learn of the cancellations or restrictions, we recommend viewers contact the event sponsors before heading out to a listed event to confirm their status.
Stay tuned --- we will be updating this list as the event sponsors confirm this year's events.
Note: This years feast will take place in a modified, socially distanced format. Please check their website for details & updates
In past years, this annual festival featured delicious food, non-stop entertainment, great crowds, music, amusements, games, fun for the whole family. It is also a faith oriented celebration focusing on devotion to St. Anthony. A variety of local dance and karate studios are scheduled to put on performances, There will be a Mass on Sunday, followed by a procession through the streets with the statue of St. Anthony accompanied with music by the Gilio Band. The 100-year-old statue, beautifully refurbished last year after languishing in storage since the current church was built, was part of the parish when it was founded in 1907.