The Dr. William Robinson Plantation Museum circa 1690, one of oldest houses in New Jersey, is listed on the New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places as a rare showing of late 17th century frame construction.
The construction of the restored farm house features chamfered and carved summer beams, rubble stone foundation, and massive fireplace foundation in the cellar. The exterior, characteristic of that era, has a steeply pitched roof, crenellated chimney, diamond-paneled casement windows, and broad overhanging corner pendants.
The house was built on the 700 acre farm of Dr. William Robinson, one of the early physicians in the area, who emigrated from Scotland with his family. Today the museum and restored farm house sit on a land size of 100' x 400'.
During the regular open months in March through June; and September through December, there are special events occurring. Some of the special events, may occur on weekends other that the 3rd Sunday of each month and may include:
March: Open House
April: Sheep Sheering
May: Open House
June: Living History Weekend "Civil War Reenactment"
September: Open House
October: Four Centuries in a Weekend
November: Open House
December: Holiday Celebration (usually the 1st weekend in December)
For dates, times, and information on other events, please contact the Plantation Museum.
The house occupied until 1973 when it was taken over by the Township of Clark, NJ. Currently the the property is maintained and preserved by The Clark Historical Society, a non profit society.