Mountain Creek Ski Resort: A Visitors Guide
Mountain Creek Ski Resort is the largest ski area in New Jersey and
offers downhill skiing, snow boarding, and snow tubing. Located just 47
miles from NYC, Mountain Creek offers 167 ski able acres on four
Mountain Creek Ski Resort
Vernon, NJ 07462
It also is a full ski resort complex with lodging, dining and nightly entertainment. It features the Red Tail Lodge, a modern base lodge with three floors, two bars, a sit down restaurant, and a retail store A full range of rental equipment, and private and group lessons are available,
This is a snow boarders paradise drawing crowd from the NYC/NJ region, making skiing on weekends crowded and challenging with the hoards of snow boarders crisscrossing down the mountain. The Chevy U.S. Snow board Grand Prix was held at Mountain Creek in both 2004 and 2005, and featured their Super pipe.
For the less skilled, they offer snow tubing on more than 30 lanes. it's like sledding only easier and more fun. Sessions rotate on 2 hour increments from the start times. Reservations are recommended.
- The season runs from December - March.
- Vertical: 1,040' summit. Elevation: 1,480.
- Snow making coverage: 100%; 1,000 snow guns, resort-wide average snowfall: 65'' per year,
- Total Trails: 46
- Total Lifts: 8
- Night Skiing: 100% of terrain
- Snow Tubing: with 30 Full-Sized Lanes & 2 Magic Carpets
The Pros & Cons of Mountain Creek
- With four mountain peaks & eight lifts, it's the largest ski area in the region
- Conveniently located to the high population areas of New Jersey & NY
- Excellent for beginning skiers.
- Excellent for beginning & intermediate snowboarders
- Best visited Monday - Friday - less crowded
- They have a dope terrain park
- Available restaurant and equipment rental facilities
- Professional Ski Instruction
- Excellent snow making equipment
- Best snow conditions are found on the main peak and trails
- Offers some excellent on-line discount packaged deals, especially for students and groups. (check website)
- Weekends and Holidays are very crowded
- Trails tend to get icy on late afternoons, evenings, and busy weekends
- Lots of beginners crowding the slopes
- Parking can be inconvenient, Tip: For snow tubers, remain in the parking lot by the entrance and there will be a shuttle bus to take you to the snow tubing slopes
- Restaurant facility food is priced high
2021/2022 Ticket Information & Pricing
2021/2022 Ski & Snow Board Tickets & passes
2021/2022 Snow Tubing Tickets & Pricing
Resort Overnight Lodging
Mountain Creek - The Appalachian & Black Creek Sanctuary
A luxury hotel and vacation condo rental for visitors to Mountain Creek and the surrounding area. Offers slopeside accommodations right at the base of Vernon Peak. The Appalachian offers spacious studio, one and two bedroom units complete with kitchens, working fireplaces and mountainside views. The Vernon Valley area offers good dining options, 12 golf courses, antiquing, wineries, horseback riding, apple orchards, quaint shops, stunning state parks, the Space Farms zoo, hiking and of course, world-class snowboarding, skiing and snow tubing in the winter at Mountain Creek. Ideal for a family getaway or romantic weekend.