The Tinicum Island Range Lighthouse overlooking the Delaware River in Paulsboro, NJ is located on the grounds of a local school in the middle of the baseball fields.
This metal tower lighthouse stands 112 feet high and is equipped with a fixed red light with 1,000 watt lamps casting off 500,000 candle-power illumination.
In 1890 the light was described as a fixed red light of the 5th order, 109 feet above sea level and visible for a distance of 8.5 nautical miles.
The light was later converted to a white light with a red sector, which marked the turning point to the next range.
In 1917, the light was converted from oil to electric. Today, it still serves as an active aid to navigation.
The Tinicum Rear Range Light Society maintains the lighthouse and offers access to the public.