The Michelle and Jennifer Tobias Adventure to Health at the Student Health Awareness Center in the CentraState Medical in Freehold, NJ is an educational and enjoyable experience for kids.
Best experienced by kids in grades K-8, the center provides interactive and exciting programs designed to take children on an innovative adventure through the human body and leave the kids with some important lessons about health.
The Student Health
These educational and fun programs allows kids to explore the human body through a colorful maze of interactive stations.
Many of the programs at the exhibit area include:
A small theater area that provides enhanced educational exhibits and eighteen interactive stations where children can immerse themselves in the wonders of the human body.
The Interactive Stations
Kids can actively participate and can:
- Learn about the five senses
- Test their reflexes
- Explore heredity and genetics
- Learn how to make healthy food choices
- Measure their height, weight and body mass index (BMI)
- "See" how food travels through the digestive system
- Learn about heart, lungs, and brain
The Communication Station
Illustrates different modes of communication, and describes various compensatory methods used by people with sensory challenges.
- Participants will experience Braille and sign language
- A large ear, complete with iPod®, demonstrates hearing
- Other senses, including touch and smell, are represented
Concentrates on the digestive system and its main organs.
- A "blue screen" allows child to see how food travels through the digestive
- Optional video clips show human biology, cells, and the endocrine system
- Information about diabetes
Healthy Highway Drive-thru
Using the fast food drive-in concept, kids choose among several food items and learn their nutritional values.
- Nutritional labeling will be introduced
- Portion size is addressed
- Importance of balanced, healthy meals is conveyed
Copyright © 2007 - 2016. All rights reserved. www.new-jersey-leisure-guide.com